Thursday, June 21, 2012

Organized Battery Storage!

I can't tell you how much time this little organized system has saved me!  It takes very little money and hardly any time to create! Have I told you how much I love these plastic containers for organizing?!? You can take a look at how I organized our First Aid kit in another one of these boxes here!
You can purchase this Creative Options Large Utilities Box from the art aisle from Wal-Mart for around $7.00.  

Move the dividers around so that it will fit all of your batteries.  I also have a section for screwdrivers-most things that require a battery you have to open with a screwdriver, so might as well have it all in one place!  
Then just label each section and place your batteries and screwdrivers in..


...and there you have it!  Easy Peasy!

Would love to hear from you!  How do you organize your batteries?





4 comments:

  1. I store my batteries in a drawer in the living room, along with cords and headphones.

    I don't have too many (mostly AAs) so there is a tiny bin for the new ones, a second bin for the used-but-still-good ones - you know, the ones that cannot make a toy work, but for the clock, it would work fine for a couple of months...

    And a third bin for the used up ones. I empty it once in a while and recycle them wherever they take them back.

    I also keep the multimeter next to them so I can test the batteries to sort them if they get mixed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helene M, thanks so much for your post! Awesome ideas! I love the idea of keeping a multimeter close by to test the batteries!

    xoxo,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to get my batteries organized for a looong time. I saw a battery organizer on pinterest but, I am cheap and didn't want to pay that much. I love your idea, thanks for solving my battery problem!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear this!!! Let me know how you like it once you organize them! It really makes life easier! Thank you so much!

      Teresa

      Delete